Monday, April 20, 2009

Signing Off Soon

As is my wont, I will be shutting this blog down in a few days, now that it has served it's purpose— i.e. it got me writing every day. That's a good thing. A very good thing. Unfortunately, once I actually got in the writing habit, writing the blog started getting in the way of writing the fiction. Since starting this blog, I've written two short stories, joined a writing group, and finally found the ending to the novel that's been sitting on my desk for three years. I feel really good about all of that.

Thanks for everyone who read and supported this, and I'd like to extend a special thank-you to Brad Green and Donigan and CD, who I met through this site. I'll try to keep up on reading your stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fine reason to stop blogging. Good luck with your real work, and be sure to let us know how it goes, what happens with it. (And be wary of writers groups, writers workshops, and paying much attention to anything a writer says about your work.)

Bittersweet Sage said...

I'm now having second thoughts about killing the blog entirely. I enjoy this outlet for sharing little things that make me happy. I think I will taper this down to one weekly essay, and then some random bits of happiness stuck in at irregular intervals. I will not let the blog count toward my daily word goal anymore, though... that got to be counter-productive.