Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Gratitude, Days Seven through Eleven

Been traveling, so here's the backlog...

Day Seven (Saturday)

  • Subaru all-wheel drive
  • Dogs who sleep in the car, Part I
  • Animal fables
Day Eight (Sunday)
  • The niece who still loves math at the age of 16
  • The niece who has had straight A's since kindergarten
  • The niece who still uses the art easel we bought her when she was 8
  • The niece who, despite being in preschool, can operate an iPad better than anyone else in the family
Day Nine (Monday)
Day Ten (Tuesday)
  • Dawn through ice-enameled tree branches
  • Dogs who sleep in the car, Part II
  • Leftover lasagna and cheap red wine
Day Eleven (Wednesday)
  • Working when I want
  • Wanting to work
  • Time enough to share Brad's hobbies (in moderation)
In other news, Brad and I started writing a story together. This is actually our first attempt at writing together, despite fifteen years of living together. The working title is "Questions about Angels," on account of I'm reading Billy Collins poetry right now.

5 comments:

Mark said...

1. Dancing with a two-year-old
2. Strong black coffee
3. Snow on mountains

Anonymous said...

Gratitudes to come, but may I recommend getting some audio of Billy Collins reading his poetry? It's amazing.

--cs10

Bittersweet Sage said...

@cs10:

You are absolutely write about listening to Billy Collins.
I discovered him by hearing him on the radio. He's a frequent guest on Writers on Writing.

Bittersweet Sage said...

Ack! Obviously that was supposed to be "...absolutely right..." not "...absolutely write..." My weird "homonym" neurological condition strikes again! That happens to me all the time! I've talked about this with Mark, but as near as I can tell, I write by ear... I'm basically transcribing things in real time as I hear them. That means that I'm prone to the same mistakes that you'll notice if you watch live closed-captioning of TV news.

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you're not reproducing your most common typos when you write longhand. I was doing that for a while and it freaked me out.

--cs10