Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Return of the Word Count Graph

In my previous NaNoWriMo blogs I would post progress charts of my daily word totals. They were pretty popular (well, OK it was only cs10 who commented on them, but we make every effort to content the kill-bot), so here they are again.

The graphs are built by a spreadsheet that I use to track my writing totals. It also calculates how much I have to write per day to stay on pace to meet my monthly goal. Maybe I'll write more about that another time.

The January total was 14,519, which was 94% of my goal. We'll grade that as an "A", right?

2 comments:

Brad Green said...

Congrats! That's a cool graph. Keep going.

Bittersweet Sage said...

Thanks for stopping in, BG. The plots are made using Numbers, Apple's spreadsheet program. (It's WAAY too easy to waste an evening just changing the texture and viewpoint on the 3D plots.)