Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lymeric Loophole

I have a couple of grant proposals due next week, and it's proving hard to keep up my good habits, specifically writing every day and exercising every day. Oh, and sleeping. Something's gonna have to give, I suppose. Probably the sleep.

Then again, if I didn't let myself get distracted by shiny blog-related stuff, I'd have an extra hour in my day.

So, let me cut this short, and just report my writing totals. In lieu of my own wit, I encourage you to visit the iTunes store and search for "Good Ship Venus." It's a fantastically lewd folk song, and iTunes has half a dozen versions of it. Inexplicably, only one version is labeled "EXPLICIT." Should you innocently click on Loudon Wainwright III's version for example (go on, you know you wanna), you will be treated to a ribald limerick the gist of which is "Our second mate was nicely endowed until we brutally castrated him for ejaculating in our beverages."

Now, who wouldn't buy that for $0.99!

**********
Today's writing totals:
Blog: 170 words
Novel: 415 words
DAILY TOTAL: 585 words

JANUARY RUNNING TOTAL: 2,208/15,500 words

No comments: