Sunday, November 2, 2008

No No NaNo

I decided to bail out of NaNoWriMo this year, and instead focus on revising my first novel. My goal is to average at least 500 words/day, and maybe crank that up to 1000 words/day. To do that I will need to make more effective use of my time. Specifically I can't spend quite so much time staring at the keyboard without writing. Another productivity boost will be to reduce the volume of blog and journal entries, so that non-creative writing doesn't eat up quite so much of my daily word count. Specifically, I'm going to limit my blogging time to 15 minutes/day. The goal of this blog is really just to post my word count, and inform a few interested souls about what it's like to write a first novel. (Those of you seeking a schadenfreude fix will particularly enjoy the future entries, where my self-esteem will be crushed by a steady stream of rejection letters, first from editors and later from publishers. Boy, I know I can't wait for that!)

Today's literary find: Fragments of a Faith Forgotten by G. R. S. Mead (1900).

No comments: