Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Panic on the NaNo-scale

I've been doing lots of doodling today, trying to figure out whether I have a novel in me for NaNoWriMo. I'm starting to feel that NaNoWriMo is actually a way of procrastinating from rewriting the novels I have already written (a task that has so far stymied me). Still, there's nothing quite like a writing death march of 1667 words per day.

While researching my story idea I stumbled across an amazing resource of classic literature. If you're a lit geek, you could spend the rest of your life at http://www.sacred-texts.com/. I actually ordered a DVD of the site, which contains all of the content as of September 2008. There's something about having 1500 obscure titles on my hard drive in searchable format that makes my blood tingle. Would it be pretentious to include them in my LibraryThing account (should I ever get around to cataloging my books)?

**********
Today's writing totals:
Journal:652 words
Blog: 130 words
DAILY TOTAL: 782 words

OCTOBER RUNNING TOTAL: 11,632 words

No comments: